Kojie San: The Master of Whitening Soaps (A Review)


When it comes to whitening, Kojie San is one of the most popular products that will surely pop out from someone’s mind. I really have to admit that at first, I was one of those who became so much fascinated in buying and trying this trendy product. Kojie San is mainly made of Kojic acid and this type of acid is discovered in Japan. Kojic Acid is an acid formed in fermented rice wine and it is found to be effective in whitening by Japanese women.


I use Kojie San both on my body and on my face. It stings to skin but this is a normal reaction.

Price
Its cheapest is PHP 50 and it comes from a plain white box with two small rectangular soaps.

Where to buy
These soaps are well-distributed from famous drugstores like Mercury. Watsons also sells Kojie San. 

Pros
1. Cheap
I admire this soap because of its affordability. With PHP 50, you could already have 2 pieces of soap. Unlike other beauty soaps, more or less they cost PHP100.

2. Pleasant
 Majority will surely love its orangey scent. It is not irritating to nose.

3. Easy to lather and its bubbly. 

Cons
1. It is easy to dissolve. 
This is the thing I don't like about Kojie San. But what I do is I divide the soap into small pieces so it will be more economical. You could also try to cut it by slicing the soap with a paper cutter.

2. Possible Effects
Irritation might occur if your skin is sensitive from such acids like Kojic. Some said it stings but it is a natural reaction. Tiis ganda. 

3. It dries skin
Normal to dry skin shall put more moisturizer if they use Kojie San. It dries your skin and peeling may be visible. But having an oily skin, Kojie San is a great soap for me because it contradicts the oil on my face.

Effectivity
Kojie San is really effective but do not expect the results overnight. Usually you can see the results 30 days after you use it consistently. Also, when you use this soap, apply sunblock because your skin becomes more prone to sunburn. They said that Kojie San whitens skin 2 shades lighter in a month but when you exposed yourself to sunlight, it becomes 4 shades darker. Twice worse eh?

Final Verdict
This soap is wonderful and super effective. I like it not just because it is effective but it is very cheap. I notice that it is good in diminishing your pimples. If you’re a Kojie San virgin, you might notice for the first week that micro-exfoliation takes place. Kojie San also dries skin so I advise to the users to use moisturizers to avoid stubborn peeling. But if your face is dry, I think using moisturizer is not necessary anymore.

Rating:
8/10

Photo credits to KikaySiMaria
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment